Sr. Technical Content Manager
AppLovin’s leading marketing software platform provides app developers with a powerful, integrated set of solutions to solve their mission-critical functions like user acquisition, monetization and measurement. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
AppLovin was named one of the Best Workplaces in Advertising & Marketing 2022 by Fortune, one of the Hottest Adtech Companies of 2021 by Business Insider, and a Certified Great Place to Work in 2021 and 2022. Fortune recognized AppLovin as one of the Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2022, alongside The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal who have also awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work for the past four years. Our team members are regularly recognized for their work and leadership, including recent award wins for San Francisco Business Times’ Outstanding LGBTQ+ Leaders 2022, Business Insider’s Rising Stars of Adtech 2022, Glassdoor’s Top CEOs 2019, and the Women in Content Marketing Awards 2021.
We are looking for an experienced writer and editor to help us create content that focuses around our software products and helps advance thought leadership for our technology. If you have a love for writing, an understanding of the mobile technology industry, a track record for creating technical/industry-specific content and a desire to make a contribution within a fast growing company, this could be a great fit for you.
You will be responsible for drafting and editing content that showcases our product and technology, to help our customers - primarily app developers - better understand our technology's value and impact for their businesses. You will deliver original, detailed, and thought-provoking content on an on-going basis. By partnering with key stakeholders like our product team, engineers, technical leads, and others, you’ll be a subject matter expert and publish product/industry specific content for our blog, website, support site, Confluence and other key platforms.
Candidates must include examples / portfolio links of your work to be considered.
- Write and edit both long and short-form content including (but not limited to) blog posts, bylines, case studies, product emails, short videos, sales decks, support site documentation and more.
- Research, originate, and write content to ensure we are publishing a consistent stream of high quality and impactful content for customers, partners, and the industry.
- Stay current on trends within our industry to develop meaningful content which provokes thoughtful responses and interesting insights.
- Work with the Content Director to build and contribute to the editorial calendar.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team inclusive of product marketing, communications, design and web development.
- Bring a deep understanding of B2B technology combined with writing skills that are grounded in things like customer stories, support site documentation, industry trends and perspectives, and data that helps communicate our products and brand.
- Leverage research and information based on company and industry data, as well as surveys and interviews with customers to better explain and showcase our technology.
- Contribute to a team of content leaders committed to developing and publishing content that engages, informs, and inspires our audiences.
- 8+ years of experience in editorial positions in the B2B software industry (experience in ad tech, product marketing, or specifically mobile ad tech, strongly preferred).
- Experience contributing to content strategy and writing content in a startup technology environment.
- Extensive and demonstrated ability to build in-house B2B content and source content ideas from various contributors throughout the organization.
- Passion for writing and deeply understanding technical topics, which can be delivered in the form of engaging content from developers, advertisers, investors, all the way to C-level executives.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a hyper-growth environment. This means you will be part of developing content strategy, while still writing a high volume of content
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Asana, Wordpress, and HubSpot. Google Analytics, SEMRush and other tools are nice to haves.
- Writing samples and/or portfolio requested and appreciated.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to grow the mobile economy through our industry-leading mobile app software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic, accountable and hard working people who feel connected to our mission and values and who want to be a part of this rapidly growing company.
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.