Rendering Programmer Internship [Fall 2021]
- Cary, NC
- Stockholm, Sweden
Epic Games Unreal Engine Rendering Features Team is looking for a smart, creative Rendering Programmer Intern to join them Fall 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Rendering Features Team is responsible for driving the enhancements and new graphics features of Unreal Engine as well as continuous improvements to graphics quality. We regularly publish novel research in the field and are at the forefront of advancements in real-time graphics. You will work directly with the industry veterans and your work will reach hundreds of the engine licensees in various industries.
- Working closely with the Unreal Engine Rendering team, contributing innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of graphics rendering development
- Enhancing and maintaining the graphics of Unreal Engine
- Working on material and lighting improvements
- Working closely with artists to iterate on features based on their feedback
- Bachelor or Advance Degree work in CS or related field with focus on rendering or image synthesis
- Demonstrable strength in C++
- In-depth experience with real-time rendering
- Knowledge and application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with writing shaders and using graphics API like DirectX or Vulkan
- Performance minded development and optimization skills
- Strong communication and follow-through working with others to develop and iterate on features/tools
- Examples of projects in computer graphics or game engine technology
This is a remote paid internship for Fall 2021. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.