San Francisco, CA, USA
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision (Plans Vary)*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Wellness Activities & Programs (Yoga & Zumba)
12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced and passionate QA Manager who will ensure our games maintain the highest level of quality. As a QA Manager, you will be extremely hands-on, assisting wherever needed and providing direction to your team. You will make sure that all game functionality & content is free of programming defects and fun to play!
- Assume critical responsibilities of a QA Lead for one of our flagship titles with the support of a Senior QA Analyst. Critical responsibilities include: scoping, feature reviews, planning, hands-on testing, and embedded and external QA task management.
- Oversee the QA process and teams for multiple titles (Both Live and In Development).
- Work with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to deliver high-quality releases without missing deadlines.
- Generate and implement QA processes across multiple teams to improve testing quality and efficiency.
- Work with centralized technical teams to integrate and maintain emerging tech.
- Forecast and solve for bottlenecks and vulnerabilities in the development cycle with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Work directly with Product/Engineering stakeholders to identify and implement improvements in the overall release process for each live product.
- Mentor and train the QA team to increase their professional skill set.
- 3+ years experience as a QA Lead for games on mobile.
- Familiarity with the release processes for both, IOS and Android.
- Proficient in bug tracking software (Jira, Unfuddle, Bugzilla, etc.).
- Leadership qualities and strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, and able to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to work overtime when necessary.
- Familiarity with client & server-based systems.
- Familiarity with Git and branch management.
- Proficient with Excel and/or Google Docs.
NICE TO HAVE
- Coding or scripting experience.
- SQL knowledge.
- Game design experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Your application has been successfully submitted.