Level Designer - BioWare
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
Who a Level Designer is at BioWare:
- Communicate and work with a team of programmers, artists, and designers through all stages of development to design and implement exciting encounters.
- Collaborate with your lead to identify and implement the priorities and objectives, focusing on the gameplay elements of the game content.
- Create documentation and prototypes for any specific level systems and gameplay.
- Share in critique sessions to provide input to personal and peers’ work in an open-minded and inclusive way.
- 3 – 5+ years of experience as a game level designer, working with current engines and tools
- Experience with closed and/or open-world layouts, including gameplay and technical requirements.
- Familiar with the level design fundamentals, constraints, and narrative.
- Comfortable collaborating with groups within art and programming.
- Good understanding of current scripting language and level editors with the ability to implement and manipulate content.
- Familiarity with Star Wars: The Old Republic gameplay and level design.
- Knowledge of RPGs and Action game genres.
- Ability to critique the content of peers in a group environment in a healthy, inclusive way.
- A passion for gaming!
Your application has been successfully submitted.