Senior Level Designer (Apex Legends)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Level Designer who will create levels from concept to final stages of polish, facilitating communication and coordinating departments to ensure the vision is understood and delivered upon. We're imagining someone who is creative and has strong level design experience who values providing players with a fun experience as much as we do.
What You'll Do…
- Develop game design documents, prototyping, iterating, and testing .
- Develop engaging in-game levels that are successful in flow, variety, and fun.
- Build level designs from conception to the final stages of polish.
- Facilitate communication and coordination between departments to ensure the vision is understood.
- Work with design leadership, design team, artists, code, and animation departments to achieve level designs that epitomize the creative vision of the game.
- Research subject matter relating to design objection to ensure the authenticity of the experience.
Ideally, you also will have...
- Shipped AAA titles
- Professional experience working in a level design capacity.
- Experience working with a game engine, using scripting tools to orchestrate events, and implementing 3D work into the pipeline.
- Experience with level design process including level flow, engagement, structure, pacing, environmental storytelling, and testing.
- Experience in rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts.
- Responsibility to pitch game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong understanding of level editing packages such as Maya, Unity, UDK, or other proprietary tools.
- A passion about the play experience, with a wealth of knowledge across multiple games.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.