Senior Game Designer - Characters (Apex Legends)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
Apex Legends is looking for a Senior Game Designer who will help us create exciting and innovative new characters. You'll work on new Legends from early prototype through release. You have experience on a live service game in character design, and have strong enough technical and scripting abilities to work independently.
What You'll Do…
- Work with other disciplines to create the concept for a character
- Create a playtestable prototype by kitbashing existing assets
- See the character through production, including tuning, polishing, and writing robust, shippable script
- Hold and communicate the vision for the character to your collaborators in other departments
- Ensure a high quality release by bug fixing, balancing, and creating a thematically cohesive character
- Work with other designers on side projects to make Apex a better game
Ideally, you also will have…
- 3+ years professional experience as a game designer on a multiplayer game
- Experience in rapid prototyping and iterative design
- Understanding of game feel and polish
- Strong track record in design and balance
- Played and formed a lot of opinions about many live games
- Strong opinions on how we could do better and a drive to accomplish them
Requisition Number: 165409
Your application has been successfully submitted.