Senior Game Designer
San Francisco, CA, USA
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision (Plans Vary)*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Wellness Activities & Programs (Yoga & Zumba)
12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Senior Game Designer to contribute their expert game design skills to our hit mobile game, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the top creative talent in the industry, as well as with amazing developers, artists, and product managers on a game with a track record of innovation and success. If you are passionate about creative storytelling game mechanics and bringing big ideas to small screens, then this role is for you!
- Transform your ideas into detailed and well-thought-out designs, clearly communicated with high-quality documentation, wireframes, and flows.
- Make creative decisions that matter and have consequences. As a senior and experienced colleague, you will be trusted and empowered to make the right design decisions for the customer.
- Work directly with engineers, artists, and product managers throughout the lifecycle of our products to ensure they are of the highest quality.
- Propose engaging and creative gameplay systems with fun features that will improve user experience, engagement, and monetization.
- Own the implementation of fun, engaging in-game events and other game features from concept to completion.
- Analyze key performance indicators, user testing, and feedback, recommend design solutions and modify the game mechanics accordingly.
- Recognize and stay current with game design trends, patterns, and consumer preferences.
- 5+ years of experience in mobile game design, including at least 2 years on a game in live-ops.
- Expert level of knowledge of the free-to-play market, and it's past and current trends.
- Expert level knowledge of virtual goods and game monetization concepts.
- Expert level knowledge of systems design, economic modeling, and game tuning for F2P games.
- Expert level knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities to collaborate and excel in team environments.
- Team player - everyone contributes ideas and we are an ego-free group.
NICE TO HAVE
- Previous design experience on a top 50 grossing game.
- Experience in narrative-driven games or adjacent genres.
- Familiarity with scripting languages or other technical skills related to game development.
- Experience working with Maya or other 3D programs or 3D game engines.
- Experience using spreadsheets to model systems, create curves and formulas, and tune games.
- Experience as a manager or mentoring other Designers.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Your application has been successfully submitted.