Software Engineer, C++ - Developer Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Software Engineer - Developer Services
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
The engineers at Roblox are working on some of the most interesting and hard problems in the software industry - distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
The Developer Services - Data team empowers Roblox to be the best development platform for creating 3D social experiences by providing the backend services developers need to maintain user save data and other state related to running their experience within the Roblox ecosystem. This includes services and solutions for: Talent Marketplace, Developer Hub, Developer Forum, and the Creator Dashboard. The player data stores system in particular stores petabytes of data and processes up to 500k requests per second. You will create and own components of this and other mission critical services in this cross-discipline team within the Roblox ecosystem.
- Have 2+ years experience with C++ smart pointers, multithreaded programming, templates, and working with a large and complex codebase
- Experience in writing back end code and HTTP endpoints in Java or C#
- A team player, and love collaborating with others to push the boundaries
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Work with the brightest minds and the most amazing people in the world
- Have a direct impact on the future direction of the developer products at Roblox
- Write game-engine Client/Server code that interacts with backend servers.
- Build state-of-the-art systems that are ultra-scalable and resilient to failures
- Collaborate with product and design to push the boundary of what is possible
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Your application has been successfully submitted.