Senior Gameplay Programmer, Fortnite Creative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Full Job Description
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you’ll do
The Fortnite Creative Team is bringing the entire toolset of Unreal Engine and the Unreal Editor to developers and creators to make and publish experiences within Fortnite.
As part of this Team, you will be writing gameplay systems, APIs and a broader gameplay framework, and features to unlock Fortnite creators to build the next generation of amazing gameplay experiences.
In this role, you will
- Own the architecture and implementation of major technical gameplay features and systems
- Deep-dive into industry leading technical challenges where you will help to drive the vision and solutions
- Help drive and give feedback on the implementation and integration of our new scripting language with Fortnite
- Build and maintain bridges with other stakeholders to maintain and drive the vision
- Look for ways to push the technology forward in new and innovative ways
- Deep-dive on various technical gameplay framework topics, ensuring that the architecture and code are robust and scalable
What we’re looking for
- Excellent C++ skills and software engineering principles
- Experience architecting large, robust systems on AAA games or game engine technology
- Experience having worked on and shipped large game projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Experience with different engine technologies for perspective, including Unreal Engine, Unity, Frostbite, etc
- Familiarity with multiple hardware platforms
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here .
Your application has been successfully submitted.