Senior UI Artist
Culver City, CA, USA
Full Job Description
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
Jam City is looking for an experienced, creative and artistically talented Senior UI artist to join us in working on one of the highest profile IPs in the world. Our right fit is someone who lives, eats and breathes graphic design, & illustration. A problem solver who loves learning new technologies, collaborative, loves gaming, and takes ownership and pride in the work that they do. The Senior UI artist will work closely with our UX and art teams to conceptualize and execute finished interface assets for casual mobile games.
- Create concepts, mockups and pitches for in game User Interfaces, flow, layout, design and iconography.
- Execution of all aspects of in game User Interface from layout mockups, wireframes, style guides, and motion graphics.
- Collaborate closely with graphic artists, UX/game designers and engineers to ensure a consistent, high quality user experience.
- Create and Implement polished UI assets for both new and live games.
- Create clear and attractive messaging, buttons, icons, widgets, and other UI elements which work well within tight fixed aspect ratios, and with a wide variety of game themes.
- 4+ years practical art/design experience working in games, preferably mobile.
- Strong graphic design and illustration skills for casual / stylized games.
- Experience with typography and logo design.
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design best practices and interaction design fundamentals.
- A strong understanding of UI conventions and challenges for the mobile and other emerging platforms.
- Ability to translate flowcharts and wireframes into fun, usable, visually polished UI systems.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Unity & After Effects.
- Strong cross-functional communication skills: verbal, written and visual.
- Ability to produce high quality work quickly, iterating toward the best solutions.
- A passion for mobile gaming.
NICE TO HAVE
- 2D Animation knowledge.
- Experience using Spine, Adobe Animate or After FX for animation.
- 3D modeling knowledge / skills.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Your application has been successfully submitted.