Jr. Lighting Artist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Your mission is to craft immersive and compelling environment artwork for the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise. You will work alongside experienced lighting artists who will train you how to craft high quality, performant lighting for game levels. This entry-level position is the perfect opportunity to develop your skills, improve your portfolio, and light environments that will be enjoyed by millions of gamers across the globe. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated teammate to help tell our story.
- Share your deep passion of crafting lighting schemes and captivating visuals for environments.
- Work closely with your Lead to meet training expectations, execute high-level art direction, and deliver compelling and cohesive lighting for world-class player experiences.
- Work in Radiant to augment play-spaces with artwork that supports game and story objectives.
- Thrive on open and welcome constructive criticism.
- Proactively increase your knowledge of new tools, processes, and pipeline best practices.
- Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Proven ability to create high-quality lighting visuals utilizing industry lighting and rendering editors for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
- Egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
- Familiar of game engines, pipelines, and processes.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
- Familiar understanding of game lighting with ability to clearly discuss modern trends.
- Recent reel demonstrating a focus and commitment to realistic lighting techniques and knowledge.
- Strong traditional art foundation.
- Basic understanding of game engines, tools, pipelines, memory constraints, and development processes.
- Proficiency with color grading and shader development.
- Passion for the Call of Duty franchise.
- History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical.
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We each bring a unique set of experiences from dozens of cultural backgrounds. Our shared values unify our direction and decisions, helping us touch the lives of more than a billion people each day.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.