QA Analyst I (Temporary) - Sledgehammer Games
Foster City, CA, USA
As a QA Analyst I, you will employ “grey” and “black box” testing methodology as a subject matter expert in an Agile development QA environment. In this role, you will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and executing Test Cases/Plans; identifying, thoroughly investigating, and documenting bugs/issues with the game; authoring documentation on tools and techniques, and subsequently educating your teammates. As you will be interacting face-to-face daily not only with your QA team members, but also with your development partners, you will need to have strong critical thinking and inter-personal communication skills. Due to this exposure to all facets of game development and allowance for professional development, there is also great opportunity for career development and growth in the game industry.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Identify, isolate, regress, and communicate issues/defects effectively and efficiently.
- Create, maintain, and execute Test Cases and Tasks using in-house and 3rd-party testing tools.
- Work in a collaborative QA environment, executing individual tasks and leading small groups of testers in group assignments.
- Actively assess and communicate the needs or progress of development partners, and how they impact QA’s priorities and tasks.
- Become a subject matter expert on a portion of the game and develop partnerships with team members throughout the Studio.
- 2+ years testing experience in software/gaming QA.
- Understanding of Software Testing Processes and Best Practices.
- Understanding of Software/Game Development Lifecycles and project management methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Waterfall).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- QA experience with console platforms (e.g. PlayStation, XBOX, etc.) and PC.
- Familiarity with software development tools such as JIRA, Testrail, or Perforce, and Microsoft Office productivity software.
- Must be able to work autonomously and self-educate with supportive leadership, but limited direction and supervision.
- Passion for games and demonstrable understanding of game industry and gaming trends.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Game/Software Development or related degree, or corresponding experience in game/software development.
- At least 1 released game title.
- Intimate knowledge of Call of Duty or other First Person Shooter titles.
- Experience leading small team projects.
- Experience with programming languages such as C++, C#, or Python.
- Experience with Game Development Discipline software or mod tools such as Maya, Houdini, Unreal, Radiant, or other development tools.
- Experience with First Party Submission standards. (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Apple, etc)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.