Gameplay Programmer, Fortnite Creative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you’ll do
The Fortnite Creative Team is bringing the entire toolset of Unreal Engine and the Unreal Editor to developers and creators to make and publish experiences within Fortnite.
As part of this Team, you will be writing gameplay systems, APIs and a broader gameplay framework, and features to unlock Fortnite creators to build the next generation of amazing gameplay experiences.
- Experiment with game design and use rapid prototyping while ensuring that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made
- Work closely with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features
- Prototype and iterate on features and be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
- Supporting technical excellence of Fortnite on multiple platforms
- Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Write robust, maintainable code
- Experience developing games professionally, and shipping AAA titles
- A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
- Strong math skills
- Well versed in game’s and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games (an interest in online games is preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Console experience
- Experience working on a live service game
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
- Keen interest in games
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.