Environment Art Internship [Fall 2021]
Cary, NC, USA
Epic Games Fortnite Environment Art team is looking for a smart, creative Environment Art Intern to join them for Fall 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Applicants will need to demonstrate a strong artistic ability, bringing with them a good understanding of form, function, detail, the skill to interpret concept art. Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
- Need to exhibit good color theory and expertise in architectural layout, lighting, scene composition, and environmental FX polish (bloom, color adjust, fog, etc.)
- Have excellent composition and spatial skills
- Creating solid, high fidelity textures of any given surface is required
- Be equally proficient with both hard surface and organic modeling techniques
- Creating shaders for environment assets, volumetrics, decals, ambient effects
- Environment Art portfolio required
- Skilled in the following software, 3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance
- Understanding of Unreal Engine is a plus
- Solid communicator with an ability to collaborate with other disciplines
- Great texturing skills and experience with PBR & materials
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
This is a remote paid internship for Fall 2021. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.