Associate Public Relations Strategist
Los Angeles, CA, USA
As Associate Public Relations Strategist, VALORANT, you'll manage and drive the PR roadmap for VALORANT esports and VALORANT in North America and Oceania. As the communications and PR expert on the team, you will manage our PR agencies, establish and grow our media relationships, partner with teams across Riot, and guide the public-facing growth narrative of our region.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Publishing - VALORANT, NA/OCE and work with a team of peers in VALORANT publishing and esports.
Based in our Los Angeles HQ, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our player-first obsession, rejection of convention, and appetite for excellence. Riot Games is dedicated to creating best-in-class experiences that advance player culture.
- Build holistic PR strategy for VALORANT esports and assist with VALORANT (game title) PR strategy in NA/OCE
- Manage PR agencies and media partner relationships to ensure project goals are met
- Collaborate with Publishing SME's and company partners to develop and distribute press releases and coverage
- Build an authentic relationship with players through transparent, thoughtful, and educational communications
- Help the team refine its communications pipeline so that company partners, player audiences, and media partners know how to get the right information they need
- 4 or more years' experience in communication and/or PR role
- 1 or more years in gaming, esports, traditional sports, or direct-to-consumer
- You know what good (and bad) looks like when it comes to PR, corporate comms and social.
- You want to set up and handle relationships within the media, with fans and players, and in general.
- One of your driving forces is telling the best story in the best way.
- You're familiar with and ideally part of gaming culture, so you pay attention to the enthusiast press and the latest developments in the industry.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, collaboration, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Your application has been successfully submitted.