Product Design Manager - Player Platform
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and UI motion design. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who, and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Product Design Manager in our Player Platform group, you’ll support the initiative design leadership by managing and growing a high performing team of visual designers working to deliver a cohesive brand and player experience across multiple channels. You’ll inform best practices in planning, workflows, and production pipelines so visual designers can work efficiently.
- Directly create value for your product(s) through hands on design work to create a range of design deliverables and artifacts.
- Develop the artists on the team through craft mentorship, active career coaching, and learning experiences, effectively managing their performance.
- Lead the team to creating artwork that meets our high quality standards all the way to shipping.
- Define and evolve product art direction, style guides, design systems, and efficient processes, to clearly communicate design intentions.
- Coordinate with the art leadership of our game teams to understand and meet their brand and creative needs with our visual solutions on platform.
- Partner with Product and Delivery teams to create the right visibility into art deliverables and velocity, applying practices for scoping, planning and estimating design work.
- Clearly present and communicate data-informed design ideas, vision, and strategy through visual storytelling.
- BA in Visual Design, Game Art Development (or equivalent experience)
- 6+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms with a focus on Visual design and art direction
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch or other industry design and prototyping tools
- Prior management and team leadership experience
- A professional portfolio with examples of your past work demonstrating an ability to design interfaces that meet both aesthetic and functional goals.
- Extensive knowledge of Figma and it's componentized design features.
- Knowledge of digital product design pipeline including systems design and cross-platform responsive design.
- Expertise in a secondary craft area such as UI motion graphics, front-end coding, illustration, or branding is a plus.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Your application has been successfully submitted.