DevOps Software Engineer, Studio
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet.
Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
At Roblox, the Studio RIDE team focuses on millions of game developers on our platform. Its mission is to power rapid development by providing coders with an integrated editing, debugging, and testing environment.
You have a strong passion for enabling development teams to move faster with greater confidence and agility. You are well versed in all things DevOps, and have a passion to help teams embrace Continuous Integration and Deployment. Your daily work environment involves common source tools (ex: Perforce, GitHub), and common build tools (ex: TeamCity, Artifactory).
This position will be a significant contributor to the Studio org responsible for building the tools and infrastructure to enable production teams to test and ship performant and reliable features. You will help create the standard for DevOps within the Studio Developer engineering community.
- Experienced, 5+ years' build engineering, preferably TeamCity or equivalent. Experience with DevOps, preferably Chef is a plus.
- Hands-on with software development using Lua and Python. Workflow automation and experience with online and mobile gaming is ideal but not expected.
- Proficient with mobile app store developer portals, package and library management systems, version control systems, UNIX systems administration and CLI, or UNIX scripting languages.
- An automation advocate: you're passionate about finding ways to help speed up development processes.
- Up-to-speed on all things Continuous: Continuous Integration isn't the only development practice in your wheelhouse; you also know the difference between Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery, and you understand the value of test automation.
- Ambitious: you boldly go where no one has gone before; while some may not be technologies you've programmed previously, you're keen to learn and grow.
- Adaptable: you're capable of adjusting to new challenges and experimentation
- Develop and support CI/CD solutions to meet the high-level requirements of our engineering teams.
- Manage and improve testing pipeline and infrastructure.
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from reoccurring via root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve our development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure we can achieve scalability and high availability.
- Develop and share best practices with our development teams to improve automation and efficiency.
- Work with a global team of engineering leaders who are building groundbreaking technology to deliver user-generated content across multiple platforms.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Your application has been successfully submitted.