Senior Product Designer - Social
San Mateo, CA, USA
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
For three years running, we have been honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior Product Designer on Social at Roblox, you will be directly shaping how Roblox players socialize and engage in the metaverse. You have a passion for immersive and mindful cross-platform design, empowering the ability to connect anyone at any time from anywhere. You will be a key contributor in designing high-visibility product features such as the friending system, social connectivity, sharing mechanisms, user profiles, and social groups.
- Experienced with 5+ years of professional experience as a product designer and a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Design, Ergonomics, or related fields
- A Leader who is accountable for design quality and cohesion across all product teams, and who actively engages other designers to help them grow
- Collaborative, sharing work early and often and encouraging peers to seek out constructive feedback from their manager, stakeholders, teams, and the Product Design team
- Self-Organized with your time and work, and seek out resources to accomplish projects
- A Problem Solver who possesses a highly-tuned thought process that yields creative solutions to big challenges
- Investigative and inquisitive about product goals from both a company's and user's perspective, fostering a learning culture both with in the Product Design team and the larger tech organization
- Flexible, and able to thrive in ambiguity
- Innovative with your problem-solving by using existing frameworks to creatively produce designs and, where appropriate, create new styles and patterns that are cohesive with the rest of Roblox's products
- Detail-oriented and strive for consistent consideration for the holistic user experience, potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends), and product overlaps in your own and others' work
- Biased Towards Action and constantly expanding your skill set by actively seeking out new tools and techniques
- Create world-class user experiences for a global audience through mindful flows, systematic layouts, and delightful interactions
- Own end-to-end feature design with an ability to translate abstract ideas into viable product features
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Work extremely closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to inform and improve design processes
- Interview new Product Designers and actively inform our inclusive design hiring process
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Your application has been successfully submitted.