Principal Front-End Engineer - Trust & Safety
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Roblox's imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today - distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
We are looking for a Principal Front-End Engineer who will help keep Roblox the world's largest and safest online playground. You will solve problems that have not been solved before.
- Own our strategy for rapidly deploying tools to our Moderators and Customer Support agents.
- Build the extensible UI components, libraries, and tools that power the Moderation, Support, and other Trust & safety platforms that impacts every Roblox user.
- Work with other engineering and product teams to aid their efforts by mentoring engineers and building a UI component library.
- Work with other teams on user-facing Trust & Safety systems such as abuse reports and moderation workflows for Roblox developers.
- Recognize, plan and execute the most impactful initiatives to keep players safe.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience building customer facing user interfaces and experiences
- Experience making systemic changes across frontend languages/frameworks while understanding the downstream impact on backend systems
- Collaborated effectively across teams
You may (or may not):
- Have experience with Lua, particularly within Roblox
- Familiarity with C++
- Experience building highly effective teams
- Have a strong Design abilities
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Your application has been successfully submitted.