This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most unique and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The EA Studios Data and Insights group (SDI) is responsible for bringing quantitative and qualitative insights to the entire company via Analytics Solutions, Data Science and Studio Analytics. As the SDI Data Science team we are responsible for researching and building AI and machine learning solutions for our game titles. We develop and deploy models, run simulations, administer experiments, engage on advanced analytics research and aid in the training of game developers who use our data science solutions.
The Challenge Ahead:
We are seeking a Data Scientists who will be an integral part of our team. You will use your expertise in applied machine learning to drive critical decisions in a cross-functional environment. You are a master of data science methodology and solutions development. You understand the iterative nature of data science and how to work with stakeholders to integrate machine learning projects in game systems. You are a force multiplier for the team.
- Research, design, implement and validate models and cutting edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data.
- Use big data technologies to scale predictive models to millions of players.
- Manage and deliver business-driving data science projects.
- Develop tools and libraries for the broader analytics group.
- Communicate actionable results and findings derived from data throughout the organization in a clear, concise way
- Collaborate with other areas of the business on long-term projects
- Learn, implement and share new methodologies.
- Eager to use data for insights and has a demonstrated passion for applying data science to make business critical decisions and recommendations.
- Hypothesis driven – uses data to test ideas rigorously and objectively.
- Able to create compelling communication for executives.
- Strong programming skills and a passion for data science.
- Flexible and adaptable while maintaining positive attitude
- Self starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change
- Views challenges as opportunities; tenacious and focused
- Solution oriented, creative problem solver
- A team player who can work collaboratively within the group and across business units/functions
- Ability to execute multiple projects and drive key business results under tight deadlines.
- Master’s degree required, preferred in Computer Science, PhD
- Demonstrated experience applying Data Science methodologies to real world problems.
- Experience in scaling up smaller projects and sharing work collaboratively across a wider team.
- Expert status in analyzing extremely large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets with a variety of tools
- Strong programming experience in a system programming language such as C/C++ or Java.
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language: R, Python, or Scala.
- Experience using SQL to query databases.
- Experience with any of the following is a big plus:
- Big data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig
- Model production in Spark
- Application deployment using AWS, Virtual Machines, or Docker
- Sufficient data warehouse and non-relational data techniques knowledge to work effectively with engineering partners.
- Ability to communicate insights using PowerPoint, Word and Excel to technical and non-technical audiences
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/redwood-shores
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.