Sacramento, CA, USA Remote
Narrative Designer (contract)
Location: Sacramento | Open to most remote locations in the US
Term: 6 - 12 months
Capital Games is a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento. We’re home to the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
We’re a close-knit group of gamers that’s passionate about the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture is helpful, quick, and collaborative. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
We are seeking a talented Narrative Designer to bring their passion and skill to life on top grossing mobile games. You’ll work closely with Game Designers and Live Operators to craft narratives and dialogue that captivates millions of players around the world! If you’re an expert writer who loves epic stories, three-dimensional characters, and snappy dialogue, then this is the role for you. You will report into the Design Director for the project.
Come work at an amazing studio and share your stories with the world!
- Develop story outlines, dialogue, and copy that supports our game’s overall narrative
- Work with the Design and Live Operations teams to plan and execute story-driven campaigns, events, and miscellaneous content
- Be the primary stakeholder for all written game material, providing feedback on all game copy
- Improve our pipelines, advocating for writing workflows that streamline how narrative makes its way to our players
- Superb (and otherworldly) written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at structuring and managing branching storylines and dialogue
- Experience with all facets of story writing, including brainstorming, story structure, character creation, world-building, and dialogue
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, priorities, and deadlines
- Ready to assist in any capacity to get the job done
- Generally knowledgeable about mobile games
- Previous writing or design experience in the games industry
- Experience crafting dialogue for existing IP
- Familiarity with localization pipelines
- Experience with markup, stylesheet, or visual scripting languages
- Previously published written work (novels, short fiction, film, television, comics)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A love of the Oxford comma
Your application has been successfully submitted.