Senior Data Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you excited about handling petabytes of data and maintaining a large scalable data warehouse and compute infrastructure? Then let’s talk!
Data that we collect about our players often takes the central role in areas varying from game design to marketing to machine learning products. Our data engineers therefore take great care in keeping the data correct, up to date and easily accessible. In this position you will be responsible for ensuring that our data infrastructure is rock solid and follows modern best practices. You will be actively contributing to all data engineering areas and solving unique challenges arising from the massive scale, such as scaling Spark on Kubernetes cluster to support multiple concurrent heavy jobs. In addition to all this, you will also have a front seat in advancing our tech stack and driving improvement discussions.
- Own and improve the infrastructure for data collection, storage and processing
- Proactively suggest and implement improvements that increase scalability, robustness and availability of data systems
- Maintain batch and real-time data pipelines
- Improve tooling used by data engineers and data scientists to manipulate and access data
- Help data scientists with ad hoc requests related to data validity and semantics
- Work closely with game teams to define what data is collected from our games
- Together with the rest of the team, develop vision and strategy for data engineering practices
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining data infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of Python and SQL
- Track record of maintaining large scale ETL processes
- Experience with AWS data stack (Kinesis, Athena+S3+Glue, RedShift)
- Familiarity with large scale data warehouse technologies (BigQuery, Spark, Spark Streaming)
- Knowledge of build, deployment and orchestration tools (Azkaban or Airflow, Jenkins, Terraform)
- Ability to innovate and work independently
- Experience with GCP data stack
- Familiarity with BI tools (Periscope, Looker, Qlik Sense, Tableau)
- Experience with monitoring systems (Prometheus, Grafana)
- Devops oriented mindset
- Hands on experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS)
Your application has been successfully submitted.