This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Lead us to success in all legal matters.
We’re seeking a Corporate Counsel to be part of our growing legal team who provide best-in-class counsel and support to internal stakeholders. You will be in the Product and Regulatory group within the legal department. You must have outstanding core legal skills, including researching and writing and excellent judgment with the ability to appropriately assess risk. Sound good to you? Join us!
What you’ll do as a Corporate Counsel:
- Collaborate cross-functionally to anticipate legal and regulatory risks and issues relating to product offerings.
- Support the Compliance team on the interpretation of regulatory and licensing guidelines and conduct related internal investigations.
- Work directly with outside regulators to anticipate and resolve any disputes concerning how regulations apply to our product offerings and business operations.
- Collaborate with the business to evaluate and resolve potential game integrity issues.
- Manage and direct outside law firms where necessary.
What skills you will use:
- At least 3-5 years of legal experience – preferably a combination of law firm experience and experience working for a state or federal regulatory or enforcement body.
- Proven and demonstrated experience managing and negotiating high-stakes, nuanced matters.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced work environment.
- Genuine desire to learn and adapt to an in-house legal environment in a technology-driven growth-stage company.
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited institution with excellent academic credentials.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.