Director, Sportsbook Analytics
Remote, OR, USA Remote
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We use technology to create great experiences for sports fans.
Since our founding in 2012, DraftKings has been defining what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. To help us achieve our goals, we are growing our dynamic team. Do you love working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving? Are you able to use creativity to help solve problems that don’t have clear solutions? If so, then we think you will love working with us.
Lead an innovative analytics team.
We are rapidly growing and searching for a Director of our Sportsbook Analytics team to drive our continued growth and innovation of our Sportsbook product. With the market growing and demand for sports betting on the rise, this is a great opportunity to be a part of shaping the industry’s future. You’ll oversee a team of at least five product and data science analysts alongside team partners to improve our best-in-class Sportsbook product. If you love taking the lead and working in data, then we know you’ll love it here!
What you’ll do as a Director of Sportsbook Analytics:
- Recruit and develop analysts who maintain our high standards of excellence.
- Manage a team of at least three analysts dedicated to the Sportsbook vertical and at least two data science analysts.
- Set the learning agenda for Sportsbook, prioritizing the highest-value initiatives for the team.
- Identify and ideate, along with our Product team partners, improvements to the Sportsbook product.
- Develop a strong understanding of how customers behave and identify areas of growth and improvement for our Sportsbook native app and desktop platforms.
- Oversee the building and execution of test plans to measure how new features are driving changes to customer behavior.
- Own core product KPIs and the tracking/monitoring of those KPIs.
- Work closely alongside cross-functional partner teams to implement recommendations.
What experience and skills you will use:
- Ideally, 7+ years of analytics experience, preferably at a B2C e-commerce company, management consulting firm, financial services, or gaming company.
- Ideally, 5+ years of direct management experience, preferably overseeing high achieving analysts.
- Strong team player with the proven ability to work well in cross-functional teams and navigate uncertain and evolving business environments.
- Broad range of analytics experience, including an understanding of data and analytics methodologies / best practices, an eye for detail, the ability to synthesize information and drive insights through analytics, and the ability to tell a compelling story.
- Very strong communicator, proficient in high quality presentation development (e.g., Google Slides, Powerpoint, etc.) and effective with oral communication.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) and comfortable with SQL / Snowflake.
- Knowledge of statistics, hypothesis testing, and model building.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.