This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job Posting Title
Are you interested in working with cloud technology? Do you want to help us transition to a true SRE structure? We are looking for someone with a passion to build and run large-scale distributed systems. We need a top tier engineer who has a mindset of engineering principles to optimize, scale, automate, operate production systems, and leverage Cloud technologies and utilize cloud architecture.
You will work within a diverse and inclusive group who is responsible for proactively monitoring and improving various applications and systems. This role will allow you to make improvements, innovate and do other strategic work. You will use cutting edge technologies to create new application, infrastructure monitors and graphs ensuring uptime and system functionality. This team is part of Big Fish CentralTech dept which is comprised of IT and Engineering teams that support the company and studios.
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop!, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaborationResponsibilities
- Leverage Cloud solutions
- Migrate from on-prem to cloud and a SRE structure
- Design, develop, and manage robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic solutions to drive business objectives.
- Create high-level system designs
- Act as the primary technical expert identifying requirements and leading technical discussions
- Deploy applications and maintain enterprise solutions to ensure that they meet target performance metrics
- Working on multiple projects
- Collaborate with other teams and other engineers as needed to perform necessary evolutions
- Communicate, coordinate and share information and knowledge
- Mentor people and help them learn and use new technologies
- Experienced working with public clouds and on-premise solutions
- Proficient in all aspects of enterprise cloud operations, solution design, and architectural best practices.
- Experienced in DevOps methodologies
- Skilled and can demonstrate resolution approaches including multi-tiered distributed applications which span multi-cloud or hybrid environments.
You will need to have
- Software development experience in Java, Python or equivalent
- Skilled Knowledge with SaaS Tools (ie New Relic, Dynatrace, Grafana, PagerDuty, Kibana, RT, JIRA)
- Technical leadership experience leading a team and setting technical direction
- Extensive problem solving and analytical skills
- A focus on SRE principles
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- Our core values: All about the player, Talent Unleashed, Collective Brilliance and Good Business, Good Citizen
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Seattle, WA, US
Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games
Your application has been successfully submitted.