Senior UI Design
Big Fish Games
Oakland, CA, USA
Job Posting Title
Senior UI Design
We are looking for a talented mobile games UI Designer to help us raise the bar for our new genre-bending social casino app being built in Unity. You will be working with internal teams, as well as external partners, to create compelling UI visuals that leverage your expertise in mobile user interaction, motion design, and user-centered design principles. The candidate will collaborate closely with UX, Art, Game Design, Engineering, and Product. The ability to distill complex problems into simple, elegant solutions is key to success in this role.
- User-Centered Design - Understand our players and craft thoughtful designs informed by those insights. Create, test, and iterate designs.
- Design Thinking - Work with stakeholders to articulate problems and collaborate together on solutions that ensure the user experience reflects customer needs and consistency.
- UI Assets - Create low to high fidelity assets to help define the interface look and feel. Deliverables can include style sheets, mood boards, mockups, and templates.
- Visual Comps and Animatics - Including but not limited to storyboards, user flows, motion comps, and related FX.
- Understand platform requirements (e.g. Unity/Cocos) and mobile-specific requirements (portrait vs landscape for cross-platform design).
- Collaborate and communicate with art directors, UX designers, game designers, producers & tech artists in the creation and implementation of the game UI.
- Push boundaries - Explore the latest design trends to continue growing and contributing to the growth of those around you.
- Adapt visual styles as needed while maintaining creative, technical, and brand standards universally
(Please note that we are currently working from home due to Covid-19. We will return to the office in stages when it is safe to do so. In the meantime, all interviews will be done virtually.)
- Solid understanding of hierarchy and layout design principles with a strong eye for visual design.
- Knowledge of UX processes, usability design principles, and motion design.
- Understanding of game navigation and common UI patterns as they relate to engagement and monetization in the mobile space.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite, (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) and wireframing software (Figma, Principle, Miro).
- A highly collaborative team player, open to critiques from many disciplines.
- Motivated and proactive. Independent, organized yet flexible, and able to prioritize effectively with the big picture in mind.
- Relentlessly curious - Continuously learning and seeking opportunities to experiment, fail fast, optimize workflows, and foster open communication.
- Working knowledge of Unity, NGUI, UGUI, motion graphics, and 2D/3D art pipelines.
- Portfolio supported experience in a range of styles across a variety of products plus mobile game specific motion and interaction design.
- We are looking to hire the best candidates nationwide and offer flexible remote opportunities.
- 3+ years of games experience as a graphic designer, user interface artist or similar roles.
- Professional experience creating UI for mobile games or apps for both iPhone and Android devices with minimal supervision.
- Professional experience working on in-production as well as live titles.
About Big Fish Games
At Big Fish, it’s our mission to enhance life through exceptional play. Since 2002, we’ve innovated, developed and published an extensive portfolio of popular casual games across genres. We’re dedicated to creating delightful experiences and connecting with millions of players every day all over the world through our popular titles like Cooking Craze, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Big Fish Casino and exciting new releases like Toy Story Drop!.
Big Fish Games is an equal-opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- Our core values: All about the player, Talent Unleashed, Collective Brilliance and Good Business, Good Citizen
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Oakland, CA, US
Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games
Your application has been successfully submitted.