Big Fish Games
Oakland, CA, USA
Job Posting Title
Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
• Creates opportunities for impact
• Shares a passion for challenge
• Cultivates a spirit of creativity
• Thrives through collaboration
Summary and Mission
We are a small team of Technical Artists who provide support for multiple projects within our studio. We are looking for an intermediate Technical Artist that can successfully maintain our slot development content cadence for our highly successful mobile social casino products. This individual must be someone who is an eager problem solver and who is looking to take on new challenges.
- Strong understanding for the pipeline and process for departments that impact art & tech art production.
- Running asset validation tests, creating/updating layouts & configuration files using in-house tools.
- Content Integration and configuration file hookups for in-house generated game content
- Working closely with art and engineering for troubleshooting issues associated with art files as they arise.
- Creating/maintaining wiki documentation for new/updated tools.
- Coordinating with art vender teams for content delivery updates and reviewing files for validation.
- Providing technical art support for partners.
- Proactively looking for ways to improve current pipeline workflows with automation and tools.
- We are looking to hire the best candidates nationwide and offer flexible remote opportunities.
- Team player with strong communication skills, who is able to translate technical or artistic concepts to those less technically or artistically trained.
- Solid understanding of at least one common scripting language
- Ability to problem-solve & prototype.
- Tool creation and/or collaboration for new and enhanced artist pipeline tools.
- Experience with asset validation and optimization.
- Familiarity with content integration.
- Intermediate knowledge in Photoshop.
- Experience with creating and maintaining documentation on tools and workflows.
- Passionate about games and art/animation.
- 2-3 years of experience serving in a Technical Artist role.
- Website displaying examples of technical projects.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Cocos2d and/or Cocos Creator.
- Knowledge in using Spine Animation software
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- Our core values: All about the player, Talent Unleashed, Collective Brilliance and Good Business, Good Citizen
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Oakland, CA, US
Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games
Your application has been successfully submitted.