Technical Director - Partner Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a technical leader, the Tech Director will shape the future of Kings Partner Engineering tea. Working closely with the teams to implement the product vision, enabling our loyalty proposition and develop engineering practices as well as a great architecture to support the business now and well into the future.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a talented technical leader:
- Manage our technical support manager(s) and the technical coordination with external platforms.
- Initiate, identify platform changes that have implications on King technology stack as well as participate and drive joint efforts with game teams and shared tech to mitigate.
- Collect and consolidate technical analysis from King and drive technical feedback and recommendations from King to the platforms.
- Evaluate, test and analyze new platform APIs and initiatives and provide recommendations as to which are likely to create value/opportunities or challenges to the King games and business.
Skills to create thrills:
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with experienced inter- department tech communication
- Excellent Incident and Crisis management, you remain calm and methodically work through the process from mitigation to retrospective and feed the results back into our day to day operations
- Ability to clearly document and present technical detail for a variety of audiences
- Ability to facilitate discussions, ensure everyone participates and that a path forward
- is agreed
- Deep understanding of high scalability
- Ability mentor and guide developers and the team on technical aspects
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the company.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.