Fortnite Mobile Platform Intern
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Fortnite Dev Engineering Team is looking for a smart, creative Mobile Platform Intern to join them for summer 2023. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
This team is responsible for enhancing and maintaining the low-level platform systems for Fortnite as well as optimizing them for Android and Switch. Further, you will work closely with the Unreal Engine 5 teams enhancing and improving engine features and performance. You will work with some of the best technical minds and amazing content creators as we build and maintain Fortnite for Android and Switch.
In This Role You Will:
- Collaborate with a wide variety of Fortnite engineering and content creation teams to solve complex technical challenges in ways that move the stability and quality of Fortnite forward.
- Implement and improve various low-level systems that interface with platform APIs, i.e. memory allocators (physical and virtual), file systems, input systems, graphics APIs (OpenGL and Vulkan), shader compilers, etc.
- Analyze and continuously strive to solve and optimize problems related to a modern game engine (load times, memory usage and platform specific performance issues) and the wide range of content delivered within Fortnite.
- Make improvements to platform toolchains, i.e. compiler/linker support, deployment to device, SDK upgrades, platform specific data management tools, debugger integration, crash reporting, etc.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Experience developing for Android-based systems
- Experience with low-level Android systems, and NDK knowledge preferred
This is an internship for 2023 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic’s Early Career Program, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.