Senior QA Engineer, HMI
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Sr. QA Engineer to join our team currently working on Human Machine Interface (HMI). In this role, you’ll be directly embedded within the HMI development team to influence the team to make better quality decisions and shape the quality standards for the future of vehicle interfaces. You’ll work closely with the latest and greatest car manufacturers in the industry and be a key contributor to the future of the automotive industry.
In this role, you will
- Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define and identify requirements, anticipate risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming and existing HMI features
- Build test strategies and test plans to cover HMI features and partner acceptance criteria in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Coordinate automated, functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
- Overseeing the creation and execution of technical testing scenarios
- Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across HMI feature sets to analyze quality
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
- Report and track for data quality and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health
What we're looking for
- Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast paced environment with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Prior experience testing complex softwares and developing test plans and test cases for technical feature sets
- Experience with integrated developer environments (Visual Studio, Xcode, etc…) and other debugging tools to troubleshoot and problem solve technical challenges and report on results
- Solid understanding of test methodologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development
- Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with senior dev engineers on technical topics and features
- Ability to troubleshoot and work with prototype hardware and early implementation software
- You are available to work approximately three out of five days per week at our office in Cary, NC. This position does not support working entirely remote.
Nice To Have Skills
- Experience working with and testing various platform APIs (Application Programming Interfaces)
- Experience working with Linux and/or Android platforms
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Interest in establishing and maintaining relationships with key partners and licensees
- Passionate about the automotive industry
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.