Developer Marketing Director
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
At Braze, you will define and build out our developer marketing strategy to help us share the story of our diverse developer community. In this role, you will inspire developers to create cutting-edge, award winning, omnichannel marketing campaigns. You’ll champion the Braze platform internally and externally, scoping and executing on go-to-market strategies for programs and campaigns that build developer satisfaction with the platform. You will drive participation across our developer community and encourage the adoption of prioritized use cases.
You'll collaborate closely with our teammates in demand generation, growth marketing, and customer & partner marketing to craft compelling narratives and nurture the public conversation within our developer ecosystem. You’ll also team up with our customers and partners to deliver value and insights and extend the impact of our platform.
You'll have an immediate impact as you build and implement paths to amplify and drive engagement with programs and content to inspire, educate, and connect with developers. You’ll experiment with and optimize channel strategy, establishing best practices for the team and reaching developers where they are.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Define the Developer Marketing vision and strategy
- Partner with Demand Generation to prioritize the right channels to reach and educate developers, growth marketers, and product managers (including digital media, developer forums, events, industry networks, and more)
- Develop internal and external technical evangelists to inspire developers to Build with Braze
- Lead and coordinate the developer event strategy in partnership with the events team
- Partner with the Customer & Partner Marketing team to define a strategic content plan
- Drive accountability for Developer Marketing KPIs, setting targets and tracking performance and learnings
30-day: Within your first 30 days, you will acquire a technical understanding of the Braze platform’s product and value proposition, as well as how marketing at Braze works. You will also familiarize yourself with the integration market through self-study and by building relationships with key stakeholders at Braze.
60-day: Within your first 60 days, you will have performed a market analysis to build the Developer Persona for Braze. You will craft an integrated go-to-market strategy for addressing these market segments and sales plays.
90 day: Within your first 90 days, you will have conducted a content audit and start to make recommendations of what content we should produce. You will continue to build and establish relationships internally and externally to build Braze developer evangelists.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A seasoned marketer with 4+ years experience in marketing roles including Developer Marketing or Technical Product Marketing
- Passion for innovative software technology and an understanding of how developers use APIs and tools to achieve business growth
- Deep understanding of the developer audience and experience creating developer campaigns and messaging to that audience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated examples of crafting developer positioning and content
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience with enterprise technology and the sales cycle
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $124,000 and $144,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $155,000 and $180,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love.