Advertising Monetization Manager
We are seeking a skilled Advertising Monetization Manager that has expertise in mobile app ads monetization and a passion for the gaming industry, to help us scale our $X00M/year player- first advertising business. You will work collaboratively with our world- class game developers, advertising sales & operations teams and support functions to sustainably grow our advertising revenue and effectively manage stakeholder needs. As well as being invested with real decision- making power for your assigned title(s), your role will be a central clearing house for information & insights relied upon by senior executives and colleagues around the world.
- Perform regular analysis of revenue trends and performance to optimise revenue across programmatic channels and ad networks, including pricing adjustments and ongoing waterfall management
- Gather insights from ad network partners to develop a strong understanding of programmatic revenue drivers and translate this into actionable business recommendations
- Maintaining and updating weekly/monthly/quarterly ad monetization experiment roadmaps for your dedicated title(s) - working with game studios, cross- functional partners and the whole Operations team to set expectations and coordinate delivery
- Coordination of setup and launch of demand testing and other ads initiatives (collaborating with multiple internal teams), including QA and real- time monitoring at critical moments
- Maintain robust documentation of current and past ad monetization tests and results, supporting future prioritization and game decision- making on the most effective ad monetization actions
- Provide insights that help to develop the overall indirect sales growth strategy, with differing approaches across markets and partners to maximize revenue
- In collaboration with the whole Operations team, being accountable for delivery of the ads monetization roadmap to our game partners, and driving ads revenue growth
Skills to create Thrills
- Familiarity with mobile ad technology and operations, including waterfall management, yield optimization and working with demand providers (e.g. ad networks, exchanges, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of industry best practices for app monetization, including on advertising optimization and balancing advertising vs. in- app purchase revenue streams
- Experience with complex multi- stakeholder communications, both written and verbal, in the context of both long- term project planning and in day- to- day operations
- You have an ability to build strategic business- to- business partnerships based on a strong understanding of both parties strengths and needs, including at a distance across time zones
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated business judgement in generating insights and actionable next steps from complex data
- Familiarity working within a validation centric environment where decisions are data- led and frequently subject to robust A/B testing
- Experience collaborating with Product teams to provide feedback on tools and products, and also highlight improvements and value- adding features for future development
- Experience in either game studio production or operations, or a similar applicable skillset from other industries
- The ideal candidate will be service oriented and willing to go the extra mile to ensure stakeholders and game studio partners are successful in scaling ad monetization experiences
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.