QA Specialist | Shared Tech
We are looking for an expert QA specialist to join us in our Barcelona office (while still benefiting from our very flexible hybrid working model).
The role belongs to part of the Kingdom that we call Shared Tech. The teams within Shared Tech work as B2B organizations, making sure that the platform we provide is compatible with all the different games built at King. The team you will be joining focuses on crafting the tools used to personalize & enrich the user experience with the end goal of increasing the engagement & monetization inside the game.
As QA, you'll be focusing on assisting the team in improving the product quality being developed.
Your role within our Kingdom
QA specialist has high expertise with Quality and is used to working in an agile environment. QA will be embedded in the development team and will be supporting the team throughout the whole development life cycle
As a QA Specialist you'll be part of the development life cycle from the beginning and work close to the programmers, understand their needs, provide feedback and support the verification of various developing features of our engine and tools
- Investigate & Report Issues
- Mentor the developers in how to test (nice to have)
- Maintain high communication within the team and / or partners
- Team testing involving the development team in this exercise
- Issue management: handle defects through to resolution
- Build test cases and/or test plans as well as improve the tests' coverage on a recurring basis Build testing scenarios specific to the acceptance criteria of a story / task
- Hands on testing with the main focus on exploratory testing but being involved in functional, integration & regression liable to the team needs
- Participate in all the agile rituals (sprint planning meetings, design reviews, sprint retrospectives. Daily- stand- ups, demo sessions, sprint refinement sessions)
- Being an active part in the monitoring & release process of the team
- Collaborate with the team to help implement/improve and automate test and release processes
- Posts a clear and accurate description of each bug found in the QA database.
- Share technical knowledge/potentially general bugs/improvement ideas within the team
- Provide feedback in regards of Ways of Working & the quality of the feature
- Perform additional activities depending on the team needs (for example crafting QA Metrics or working with quality assessment frameworks)
Skills to build thrills
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies & Agile Best Practices Previous experience in a QA department
- Quality oriented - keep customers always in mind Proficient in English
- Experience in performing functional and regression testing
- Excellent capacity of focusing to details
- Experience in working on different platforms and technologies
- Experience with bug databases (Jira, Hansoft) and Office tools (Excel, Outlook) Scripting experience with Python or UI automation a plus
- Basic experience with Git and Jenkins Test Rail
- Familiar with risk based testing
- Familiar with testing software web applications
- Familiar with testing on different platforms such as Android, Amazon, iOS & Windows (it is a plus) Understanding of tech stack on a basic level
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.