We are Outbrain.
We’re one of the world’s largest content recommendation platforms, delighting audiences with engaging, personalized content recommendations while serving as the primary engagement partner and platform for the world’s top digital media companies.
We are seeking a commercial and tech savvy Sales Manager to work in our highly successful Sales (Amplify) team. Creative, passionate, resourceful, bright, proactive, motivated, and a superb team player are just some of the numerous attributes that constitute an ideal “Outbrainer”. Candidates must be a hard-driving dealmaker with the ability to source/build a revenue pipeline and be able to move potential prospects consistently from start to finish.
Candidates should also be energetic self-starters who enjoy working directly with clients, proactive in delivering the best possible customer experience and committed to creating new business opportunities in a dynamic environment.
A day in the life
- To grasp the significance of our clients’ business and marketing issues, planning/proposing native advertising strategies, evaluate KPIs, and drafting/proposing various marketing analysis methods whilst being conscious of the overall optimization
- To be aware of customer engagement and attribution, and in addition, to be able to use this awareness to come up with alternative yet advantageous methods of effective guidance
- Analysis and improvement of operational parameters regarding campaign designs, bid management, and other creative aspects
- To report fixed point observations, analysis, and improvement measures taken
- To document and communicate information efficiently and adequately
- Business trips, entertainment with clients and industry event participation are required
What you’ll bring
- 5 years or more of business development experience
- Work experience in the advertising industry
- High communication skills
- Strong commitment to work
- Ability to find and solve problems
- Team player
- Native Japanese speaker or near native ability is a must
- English (must be able to read and write in e-mail and not always required to speak it, but must be willing to learn it after joining the company)
More than snacks!
- Office and home hybrid working
- Close to Ebisu station (5 mins walk from JR Ebisu, 2 mins walk from Tokyo Metro Ebisu station).
- Be part of our success with our equity program
- Wellbeing benefits like medical checkup allowance
- Expand your toolbox with our mentorship program, internal learning tools and online English lessons
We Recommend #LifeAtOutbrain
Our company culture is welcoming, dynamic, diverse, global, and built on top performance.
Did you know "trust" is one of our core values? We apply this value to our day-to-day by working collaboratively on a global scale. With managers and teammates often sitting in other countries and time zones, we value communication, patience, and open-mindedness to all cultural backgrounds. We encourage all ideas, and everyone gets a seat at the table!
Our team is made up of individuals who are approachable, resourceful, passionate, and proactive. We foster a sense of belonging through our Employee Resource Groups –employee-led groups in which we debate topics and drive change. From OB Green (environmental), OB WE (women empowerment), OB Good (charitable initiatives) to OB4E (diversity, equity, and inclusion), you’ll be able to share your passions with likeminded people.
Dive into the Outbrain experience via our Instagram account!
Your application has been successfully submitted.