People & Culture Business Partner - 8 month FTC
We are Outbrain
We’re one of the world’s largest recommendation technology platforms, delighting audiences with engaging, personalized content recommendations while serving as the primary engagement partner and platform for the world’s top digital media companies. We help audiences discover great content, help publishers engage and monetize, and marketers to connect with consumers digitally at scale.
Outbrain is seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial Business Partner to join our People & Culture team in the London office supporting our business in the EMEA region and across the globe on a fixed-term contract (maternity cover).
You'll work with a team of resourceful, bright and proactive people, who all individually collaborate to a fast-growing team. We are looking for an ambitious go-getter minus the ego, who will strive to add value to the People & Culture team both within the Global and EMEA team - you won’t stop until Outbrain has hired the best and our employees are continuously engaged!
A day in the life of
This is a HR opportunity with a twist - we’re looking for someone who loves recruiting, but also enjoys supporting employees and managers, and acting as a key partner to the business. If you love variety in your job and have a hunger to be strategically driven while being all hands on deck, this role is for you!
You will be partnering with employees at all levels across the EMEA region, where you play an active role developing and implementing Outbrain’s people strategy based on both business and HR agendas.
- Lead and support HR initiatives globally and also within your business groups
- Act as a strategic partner to commercial teams around Europe
- Advise managers on people challenges and risks to the business using a data driven approach
- Use knowledge and commercial understanding of the business to contribute to the formation and delivery of HR projects
- Build strong relationships with the stakeholders you will be working with and with the Global P&C team
- Influence continuous improvement in key people areas such as performance management, retention and engagement and recruitment
- Act as a point of contact for benefits administration and payroll questions in your groups
- End-to-end recruiting for our EMEA offices striving to hire best in class talent
- Conduct interviews and lead the hiring process with your hiring managers
- Work closely with the hiring managers to support on job descriptions and definition of the hiring process
What you’ll bring
- Minimum 5 years generalist HR and recruitment experience
- Fluency in French is a must
- Knowledge of French employment law (particularly collaborating with a CSE)
- Recruiting experience in global tech companies with proven sourcing skills
- Business partnering experience in a global organization
- Strong understanding and experienced in benefits and payroll across EMEA
- Quick learner and open to trying new things and thinking outside of the box
- Result oriented and a self-starter who enjoys a challenge
- Proactive and data-driven
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Tech savvy and comfortable with online tools (e.g. Slack,G-suite, excel, etc.)
- Exceptional and versatile problem-solving skills
More than snacks
We care deeply and invest heavily into our team, setting everybody up for growth and success. We offer:
- Office and home hybrid working
- Wellbeing benefits such as Medical, Life & Income Protection Insurance, enhanced pension programme
- Expand your toolbox with our internal learning tools
- Happy hours & office lunch once a week
- …and of course a fully stocked kitchen!
We Recommend #LifeAtOutbrain
Our company culture is welcoming, dynamic, diverse, global, and built on top performance.
Did you know "trust" is one of our core values? We apply this value to our day-to-day by working collaboratively on a global scale. With managers and teammates often sitting in other countries and time zones, we value communication, patience, and open-mindedness to all cultural backgrounds. We encourage all ideas, and everyone gets a seat at the table!
Our team is made up of individuals who are approachable, resourceful, passionate, and proactive. We foster a sense of belonging through our Employee Resource Groups –employee-led groups in which we debate topics and drive change. From OB Green (environmental), OB WE (women empowerment), OB Good (charitable initiatives) to OB4E (diversity, equity, and inclusion), you’ll be able to share your passions with likeminded people.
Dive into the Outbrain experience via our Instagram account!
Your application has been successfully submitted.