This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a passionate User Experience (UX) designer to help define our live operations platform. As a member of the Social Club online services team, you will be instrumental in the development of features that enable Rockstar to serve dynamic, personalized experiences to our players.
The ideal candidate is a multi-disciplinary designer with strong design skills and a knack for making complex systems easy to access for non-technical users. This person should feel comfortable collaborating with other designers, developers, and producers across departments, and enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment that demands a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and creativity.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Social Club is a technology platform that powers Rockstar’s online titles and our ability to deliver world-class player experiences.
- We create and maintain high-impact features for Grand Theft Auto Online, Red Dead Online, the Rockstar Games Launcher, and the Social Club website, as well as the core Social Club player accounts ecosystem and related social and messaging channels.
- We also align technology and tools with our digital distribution platform to create solutions that enhance our games and empower various teams within Rockstar – including development, marketing, security, and customer support – to engage with our players.
- Collaborate with product managers to conceptualize live operations user journeys across our games, internal management tools, and Social Club platform properties.
- Translate business requirements, marketing objectives, and user research / feedback into thoughtful, engaging, well-designed experiences.
- Effectively communicate ideas and design decisions to stakeholders and cross-functional partners.
- Work closely with a team of developers to bring designs to life– ensuring visual accuracy, effectively communicating feedback, and helping to work through issues as they come up.
- Create organized and production-ready deliverables for design and development.
- Generate design work plans; accurately estimate and prioritize work items and communicate dependencies and issues as necessary.
- Utilize a range of different tools to articulate your ideas and bring them to life as prototypes.
- Own the design system of our proprietary game and player management portal to ensure consistency and efficiency throughout.
- Provide constructive feedback to other designers– ensuring that everything we deliver is highly polished, well thought-out, and works together cohesively.
- 3+ years of experience as a UI or UX Designer working on web-based applications.
- Excellent visual design skills and sensibilities.
- Refined attention to detail.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes, with a deep understanding of responsive web best practices and limitations.
- Experience contributing to and utilizing a design system.
- A strong portfolio showcasing a range of web and/or native applications.
- Self-starter with a strong drive to effect change, streamline process and deliver the best work possible.
- Team-oriented individual with the ability to provide direction, inspiration to teammates.
- Proficient in modern design and prototyping tools (Figma, Principle, Framer, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.).
- Creative, collaborative, and adaptable.
- Ability to utilize rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques.
- Ability to deliver engineering-friendly design specifications and documentation.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present to senior stakeholders and facilitate broader design discussions within the team.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-moving, fluid, startup environment.
- Capable of prioritization across numerous high impact tasks and projects.
- Ability to perform at a high level whether working as part of a team or independently.
- A strong work ethic and a desire to get the job done right no matter what.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Design-related BA/BFA.
- Smart, conceptual, confident, competent, adaptable, proactive, and results-oriented.
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well.
- You embrace change and ambiguity as an opportunity for design to lead product development with new features and user goals.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Your application has been successfully submitted.