Environment Art Internship
The Environment Art internship here at Insomniac Games, is an excellent opportunity for students to be part of game production. This intern will enjoy the work of a fast paced and creative environment. A successful intern will end the summer with a AAA game credit for their resume, and will have the opportunity to be mentored by senior members of the team. While here, you will be mentored through the Insomniac process for creating environment art:
• Polishing an asset and optimization
• Using Substance Designer/Painter, Maya, ZBrush and proprietary tools
• Modelling and texturing props and modular assets from scratch
• Creating procedural materials
• World building in engine
• Delivering milestones with the rest of the team
The intern will work closely with the Environment department, learn game industry techniques and workflows and receive the extra added bonus of getting his/her assets into our game.
- Intern must be a full-time student enrolled at a college or university, working toward a B.F.A. in Computer Art, Illustration, Game Design, Product Design, or equivalent.
- Intern must possess strong foundations skills, and production design skills.
- Must be proficient in Maya, Z-brush and Substance Designer.
- The ideal interns will be energetic, self-motivated, creative, and responsible, have a passion for video games and art and be willing to work hard.
Student must be available to intern 5 days per week/ approx. 40 hours a week, and this is a paid internship. Duration of internship is flexible, but we expect at least 8 weeks from our interns. This role is based in Burbank, CA or Durham, NC.
Your application has been successfully submitted.