This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
The 2D Artist will be responsible for developing high quality artwork and production quality game assets for Disney Emoji Blitz. This unique position requires a creative, talented and motivated individual to collaborate with multiple disciplines to help create content and features for the hit game Disney Emoji Blitz!
To successfully execute the role, this person will provide visual designs for characters, props, and new features (including UI) to help communicate gameplay and continue to grow the Disney Emoji franchise. The candidate will support the development team with vector art asset production as well as provide visual direction to our outsourcing team.
As a 2D Artist, the candidate will be involved in all aspects of internal game development, from brainstorms and pre-production to content releases for live operations. The candidate will partner with the Art Director and Project Art Lead to define the most appropriate tools, methods and approaches for each project. This person will also work directly with engineers to ensure their artwork is accurately and consistently represented in game, as well as optimized for the needs of our game’s performance. The ideal candidate is a creative, talented and motivated individual eager to learn, contribute and grow their skills.
- Build and create vector art game assets up to the high standards set by the style of the product.
- Review in progress assets made for the game by our outsourcing team and provide high quality notes and draw overs to help them maintain the visual bar and style of Emoji Blitz.
- Design various characters, environments, UI Assets and props that can fit seamlessly with our established look.
- Build and create game assets up to the standards set by product style guides.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure consistency of art across multiple devices.
- Provide concepts and storyboards for in-development game mechanics and features.
- Assist production with decks and presentations.
- Participate in visual critiques and brainstorms.
- Research industry standards and develop new techniques and workflows.
- BA/BFA degree Illustration, Animation or Entertainment Arts or equivalent training or work experience.
- 2-5 years of production experience on mobile games.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator is a must.
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop Skills.
- Solid understanding of art and visual design principles.
- Excellent project planning and organization skills, attention to detail, ability to solve creative problems.
- Understanding of mobile gaming, able to speak confidently about current games on the market.
- Team player who understands the value of regular and effective communication.
- Experience working with outsourcers or external vendors.
- Affinity for Disney/Pixar.
- Passion for video games is a must!
- A portfolio of work required.
NICE TO HAVE
- Previous experience with animation motion graphics, and particle effects.
- Git / Perforce or equivalent source control experience.
- Experience working in Unity.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Your application has been successfully submitted.