VP, Demand Generation
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As the Head of Demand Generation, you will drive the company's efforts to grow a team of best-in-class engagement marketers and lead them to utilize demand generation strategies and tactics to serve as the engine of predictable, repeatable growth for Braze.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a leader who is passionate about demand generation, marketing to other marketers, growing and developing teams, and thriving in a growth environment. You are curious–about the future and current state of the marketing industry and the constant transformation impacting brands, affected by technology evolution–and seek out data, facts, and insights to constantly iterate and evolve marketing efforts to match the market demands. You are a cross-functional leader who is comfortable with both high-level thinking and execution, and you relish change as an opportunity to blaze new trails.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As head of Demand Generation, you’ll lead the team that drives demand creation and fulfillment for the Braze business. You’ll partner with the company’s leadership to develop, produce, and iterate on strategies and plans that create business growth.
- Deliver a world-class demand generation function at Braze that achieves predictable growth
- Produce scale and efficiency in process and execution at every stage of the funnel through cross-functional teamwork (Marketing, Sales, BDRs, Revenue Ops) to drive pipeline and revenue for Braze
- Understand what drives results at each stage of the pre-Sales journey by persona and company type–across both inbound lead acquisition as well as outbound account-wide engagement tactics.
- Evaluate and drive the charge on a new Marketing framework for measurement that matches the evolving landscape.
- Drive business impact/ROI for global sales cycles
- Laser focus on business goals and KPIs from qualified leads and MQLs to pipeline and closed won business quarterly/yearly.
- Demonstrate revenue impact through dashboards and reporting including budget management and technology infrastructure to adapt to learnings in real-time.
- Partner with Revenue Ops to ensure our database is governed for segmentation excellence with an eye on driving growth in acquisition, opt-ins (especially wrt GDPR regulation), and data integrity.
- Ensure the Sales team has tools, clarity, and lead-time for turnkey and tentpole programs, content, events to effectively reach key results.
- Build repeatable programs from concept and implementation to optimization
- Accountable for strategizing, developing, and helping the team execute on programs that hit pipeline and revenue goals based on data to recognize patterns.
- Proactively partner with product marketing, insights & communications, and brand marketing to build out initiatives and campaigns that drive revenue–weaving them directly into a master demand generation engine that supports personas and company types and allows for a fluid feedback loop on program needs.
- Includes: industry conference/trade shows, placements for high-value lead generation, PPC and SEM/SEO, webinars, website, etc.
- Foster the growth of the people on the team
- Inspire the Engagement Marketing team on strategic programs and lead them as a player-coach with a no-task is too small for you approach
- Mentor and grow existing employees through ongoing coaching and career ladder development so they have clear paths to grow and meet our business demands
- Proven track record of building and motivating effective teams and fostering individuals’ career development
- Prior experience leading successful demand generation marketing initiatives across channels, lifecycle stages, and for various global audiences and buyer personas
- Expertise with data, both as the basis of driving inbound/outbound/account progress and for analysis of program results
- In-depth knowledge of account-based marketing, paid media tactics, and growth marketing strategies
- Cross-functional leader who thrives on collaboration to drive business success
- In-depth knowledge of the latest techniques in technology solutions (e.g. Salesforce, Bizible/Marketo, Engagio, Braze)
- Previous experience in B2B tech, SaaS
- Experience in growth role at consumer company a plus
- Active interest and curiosity about the evolving MarTech industry
- 15+ years experience
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $220,000.00 and $250,000.00/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $265,000 and $300,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love.