Sr Business Development Manager (Based in Mumbai)
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers – and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency. We are proud of the culture we have built. We value the unique experiences and perspectives that each person brings to The Trade Desk, and we are committed to fostering inclusive spaces where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
So, if you are talented, driven, creative, and eager to join a dynamic, globally-connected team, then we want to talk!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Do you love finding new ways to tackle a problem? Are you passionate about sales & business growth while ensuring customer success? Are you a good listener who values empathy, integrity, and collaboration? Do you know the in's and out's of the digital advertising industry and developed key relationships with decision makers at agencies & client side? Here at The Trade Desk, we're in search of master relationship builders, sales strategists, and creative problem solvers to join our growing team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop and close new: Ad agency / Brand direct business for The Trade Desk & lead the business development efforts for our largest or most critical agency & focus accounts.
- This is a Hight Impact Individual Contributor, strategic consultative sales & quota (target) carrying role.
- Manage a healthy business pipeline, forecast & successfully close & manage business in the CRM to exceed Quota.
- Identify and secure new business / revenue opportunities and build existing relationships for greater efficiency & revenue generation.
- Schedule and conduct meetings with ad agency / client decision-makers.
- Work on media strategy & plans based on client briefs, prepare customized proposals, lead sales cycle negotiation to win new business.
- Closely work with agency & client leads & planners influencing digital media spends.
- Identify new business lines / opportunities in current accounts & up-sell, cross-sell to grow business.
- Pitch & communicate the value of The Trade Desk media buying platform & demonstrate product benefits & capabilities.
- Understand competitive differentiators in the fast-changing online advertising technology landscape.
- Work with the cross functional stakeholders & leverage global & local insights to successfully navigate the market dynamics & customize your narrative with agencies & clients.
- Collaborate with the trading and account management teams, be an effective team player & ensure customer success & business growth.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 8-12 years of experience in online advertising in outbound / field sales in India.
- Experience at an online publisher / agency ad network, ad exchange, Demand side platform, or other online / digital advertising sales role.
- Strong relationships across agency Holding groups and client/ brand side who are major digital media spenders.
- An individual contributor with strong business development, consultative selling and inter-personal skills with an ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build & pitch to the C-level & their Org and establish long-standing, consultative client & agency relationships to ensure you are viewed as a trusted advisor.
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue / Quota expectations with strong quantitative skills and ability to negotiate proposals.
- Ability to understand market, industry & competitive dynamics & agility to ensure meeting / overachieving revenue targets.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, executive team and industry groups.
- Able to travel occasionally for business and internal meetings.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.