Head of Account Management
We are Outbrain.
Would you like to build upon your career in digital sales with the market leader; one of the fastest growing companies in online marketing and in an international environment?
We’re one of the world’s largest recommendation technology platforms, delighting audiences with engaging, personalized content recommendations while serving as the primary engagement partner and platform for the world’s top digital media companies. We help audiences discover great content, help publishers engage and monetize, and marketers to connect with consumers digitally at scale.
Would you like to turbo-charge your career with a market leader, one of the fastest growing companies in online marketing and in an international environment? Outbrain is seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial Head of Account Management to join the team in London.
A day in the life
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving direct revenue by leveraging the industry’s leading content and native discovery solution for brands and media agencies in the UK and Northern Europe.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of something extremely strategic at Outbrain. Our Enterprise business track has recently secured profound investment & commitment and we are beginning an exciting journey with a massive upside opportunity as favourable industry trends are converging in our favour.
You will be managing a team of individuals who are resourceful, bright, and proactive and who work well both independently and as part of a fast-growing team. You can also expect a great working environment with a committed, energetic and international team.
Your first year should look like this:
In your first month, you should find your bearings, get to know your team, do a deep dive into the Outbrain product, and start to build key internal and external relationships.
After three months, you will be an expert in native advertising and you’ll have mastered our positioning within the digital landscape. You’ll be able to confidently and effectively deliver our pitch, and will have already completed a number of client meetings. You’ll have got to know your team in and out.
After six months, you will have successfully closed an abundance of business reviews, as well as have significantly grown a number of key existing accounts.
When you finish up your first year, you’ll be an essential part of the Northern Europe commercial team and be the driving force behind taking the team to the next level.
- Management of a team of highly motivated professionals
- Handling and achieving ambitious quarterly targets
- Building rapport and long-term relationships with key clients (Agency and Direct)
- Working with internal stakeholders with different goals/priorities
- Leading projects and improving business processes when necessary
- Defining the strategy for the team, including which marketers to focus on
- Strategising and consulting with new clients and pitching where needed
- Acting as a consultant to clients to provide insights from data
- Conflict resolution skills and solving complex problems
- Working collaboratively with the Sales team
- Empowering the team to grow and develop their careers
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Minimum 7+ years digital Account Management experience in a Brand-Direct or an Agency facing role OR in a Senior Agency role
- Robust knowledge of the digital marketing landscape including Programmatic & Video
- Experience in working with media agencies and a network of relationships and a track record of building and growing relationships
- Proven track record in Account Management and strong commercial acumen
- Clear and concise communication skills and presentation style, for both internal and external stakeholders
- A storyteller with the ability to build compelling presentations and reviews through data
- A curious and self-starting nature
- Capacity to coach/mentor/manage
- Strategic planning ability and the drive to achieve and stretch targets
- A willingness to “get stuck in” and be proactive
- Team player and keen to work together with Sales team to ensure client success
- Organised - there is a lot to do!
- Understanding and knowledge of the ad-tech, native, performance marketing and programmatic landscape
- Full proficiency in Salesforce and/or similar CRM platforms
More than snacks!
- Office and home hybrid working
- Be part of our success with our equity program
- Wellbeing benefits like Medical, Life & Income Protection Insurance, enhanced pension programme
- Expand your toolbox with our mentorship program and internal learning tools
- Happy hours & office lunch once a week
- …and of course a fully stocked kitchen!
We Recommend #LifeAtOutbrain
Our company culture is welcoming, dynamic, diverse, global, and built on top performance.
Did you know "trust" is one of our core values? We apply this value to our day-to-day by working collaboratively on a global scale. With managers and teammates often sitting in other countries and time zones, we value communication, patience, and open-mindedness to all cultural backgrounds. We encourage all ideas, and everyone gets a seat at the table!
Our team is made up of individuals who are approachable, resourceful, passionate, and proactive. We foster a sense of belonging through our Employee Resource Groups –employee-led groups in which we debate topics and drive change. From OB Green (environmental), OB WE (women empowerment), OB Good (charitable initiatives) to OB4E (diversity, equity, and inclusion), you’ll be able to share your passions with likeminded people.
Dive into the Outbrain experience via our Instagram account!