Character Rigger/Character Artist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cubic Motion and Epic Games
Cubic Motion creates and deploys advanced computer vision to transform the production and consumption of digital media. We're a company of around 110 + internationally-acclaimed computer vision researchers, engineers, and a vastly experienced production team.
Our innovations include world-leading technologies for precise tracking in marker less video, stereo, and depth data. These methods, already well-known for powering the industry facial animation services, now bring real-time capabilities to creatives and consumers alike.
About the role
As part of our newly-created Rigging Team, the role holder will be working with Design, Code, and Animation teams. You will collaboratively bring characters to life using sophisticated scanning, rigging, and animation technologies.
You will also help identify areas of the character design pipeline that can be optimised and streamlined whilst constantly driving to push the development
of digital humans forward.
This is a great opportunity for the role holder to make their mark on the future of digital humans and be accredited for some of our forthcoming projects.
The core skills and experience required for this role are:
- Creating a wide range of high quality character rigs based on scan data/concept art.
- Ensuring quality of rigs produced are at an exceptionally high standard.
- Meeting any deadlines under production constraints (internal and external).
- Understand our custom tools with the ability to generate tools in facilitating the character pipeline.
- Work effectively with the wider Epic Character teams.
About you :
- The role holder will be passionate about all fields of Character Development and Animation,
- Have a demonstrable portfolio of work experience of rigging experience for high profile VFX and/or animation projects.
- Experience with high-end FACS based rigging of photoreal characters.
- Knowledge in sculpting tools like Zbrush and Mudbox with a willingness to grow.
- Understanding of material and texture creation tools.
- Familiarity with complex character pipelines.
- Sound knowledge/experience of human anatomy & facial expression - with an eye for detail and aesthetics.
- Strong knowledge of Autodesk Maya Facial Rigging and a robust understanding of all aspects of character design including the underlying maths;
- Programming/scripting skills (Python, Maya API) for tool development.
- Understanding of Animation processes.
- Excellent communicator, team player, and capable of working towards tight deadlines.
- Resourceful, a good problem solver and the ability to work to brief.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine.
- Production experience using photogrammetry techniques for FACS based rigging.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.