Sr. Backend Engineer (NodeJS)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is growing our development team to build exciting new features for the Epic Games Store and Epic Online Services platforms.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Backend Engineer (NodeJS) to work closely with quality assurance, community, and product teams to create reusable, platform-level applications and services to enhance the capabilities for all of Epic’s systems.
- Serve as a key contributor to Epic Online Services Helper (EOSH) components. Assess technical challenges, design architectures, and run with implementations
- Collaborate closely with client and backend teams to integrate components for Epic Online Services
- Serve as a component owner for software with a large user base, with focuses on maintainability and high reliability
- Own technical designs and enforce engineering standards for client-side components
- Partner with stakeholders to establish priorities, break out tasking, and communicate risks
- 5+ years software engineering industry experience developing online applications
- 2+ years of experience developing systems using Node.js
- 2+ years of experience developing client web applications using HTML and CSS
- Deep knowledge of Node.js, understanding strong and weak sides of Node.js
- Experience in architecting modular, feature-rich Node.js applications
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, performance optimization, troubleshooting
- Experience building software for client side applications. Understanding of control flows, responsiveness, versioning and migration concerns
- Mindset of writing well tested code, including unit-testing, integration testing and end-to-end testing
- Proficiency with common networking protocols (HTTP, TCP, Websockets)
- Experience with C++ / native development and Windows APIs is a plus, but not required
- Willingness to learn from and teach fellow teammates
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
Each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.