This job is no longer accepting applications.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Production at Epic
What we do
Epic Games is looking for experienced Scanning Technicians in the Los Angeles area as full-time employees. The newly constructed El Segundo facility will host Epic’s internal scanning solutions to work with clients and contribute to MetaHumans.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an intermediate to senior level Scan Technician to join our new team. You’ll join at ground level to set up internal scanning systems and ramp up to production capacity. You will operate and upgrade the latest scanning hardware and tools developed by our R&D and Engineering teams, and capture and process data for delivery to clients internally and externally
In this role, you will
- Assemble, configure and maintain scanners
- Set up and fine tune lighting, cameras and live feeds
- Tier-1 support to troubleshoot hardware errors and issues
- Identify equipment defects and abnormal operating conditions
- Assist in documentation and testing for remote teams
- Daily tasks include:
- Operate the systems during production shoots
- Support scanning sessions
- Transfer & backup captures
- Meeting delivery deadlines of sending data to the team
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience in operating scanners in a production environment
- Knowledge of camera & audio equipment
- Knowledge of Photogrammetry, Agisoft and Reality Capture
- Basic knowledge of Maya and Nuke
- Understanding audio and video technologies and post-production processes
- Attention to detail: ensure proper labeling, logging and no data loss/corruption
- Strong problem solving skills: troubleshoot issues when shooting on set
- Ability to work with rapid-changing requirements and system improvements
- Strong communication skills to report problems/issues to the Engineering & R&D teams
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of scripting languages
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.