Data Science Internship [Fall 2021]
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Epic Games' Data Science Team is looking for a smart creative Intern to join them for Fall 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The successful candidate will have strong SQL knowledge, an understanding of statistics, familiarity with both supervised & unsupervised learning techniques, have a foundation in python or scala and enjoy combining programming skills with mathematical modeling techniques to build the machine learning products that will drive our continued success.
Potential Projects Include:
Text parsing and modeling (Fortnite or EGS)
Game Meta and Skills Expression (Fortnite)
Recommender/Personalization System (EGS or Fortnite)
Matchmaking Systems (Fortnite)
Deeper Player Segmentation
- Advanced statistical training and a thorough understanding of the associated strengths and weaknesses of different machine learning approaches
- Passion for both games and analytics
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with design of experiment and machine learning technique implementation
- Demonstrated experience with interpretive and predictive modeling
- Working knowledge of SQL & Python (or Scala)
- Excellent data reporting and presentation skills
- Experience working with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files: analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, ETLing raw date into finished products
- Ability to prioritize, work with multiple departments and deliver at a high speed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This is a remote paid internship for Fall 2021. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.