Senior UI Designer
We are looking for a talented mobile games UI Designer to help us raise the bar for our new genre-bending social casino app being built in Unity. You will be working with internal teams, as well as external partners, to create compelling UI visuals that leverage your expertise in mobile user interaction, motion design, and user-centered design principles. The candidate will collaborate closely with UX, Art, Game Design, Engineering, and Product. The ability to distill complex problems into simple, elegant solutions is key to success in this role.
(Please note that we are currently working from home due to Covid-19. We will return to the office in stages when it is safe to do so. In the meantime, all interviews will be done virtually.)
- User-Centered Interface Design - Understand our players and craft thoughtful designs informed by those insights. Create, test, and iterate designs.
- Design Thinking - Work with stakeholders to articulate problems and collaborate together on solutions that ensure the user experience reflects customer needs and consistency.
- UI Assets - Create low to high fidelity assets to help define the interface look and feel. Deliverables can include style sheets, mood boards, mockups, and templates.
- Visual Comps and Animatics - Including but not limited to storyboards, user flows, motion comps, and related FX.
- Understand platform requirements (e.g. Unity/Cocos) and mobile-specific technical requirements (portrait vs landscape for cross-platform design).
- Collaborate and communicate with art directors, UX designers, game designers, engineers, producers & tech artists in the creation and implementation of the game UI.
- Push boundaries - Explore the latest design trends to continue growing and contributing to the growth of those around you.
- Adapt visual styles as needed while maintaining creative, technical, and brand standards universally.
- Solid understanding of hierarchy and layout design principles with a strong eye for visual design.
- Knowledge of UX processes, usability design principles, and motion design.
- Understanding of game navigation and common UI patterns as they relate to engagement and monetization in the mobile space.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite, (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) and wireframing software (Figma, Principle, Miro).
- A highly collaborative team player, open to critiques from many disciplines.
- Motivated and proactive. Independent, organized yet flexible, and able to prioritize effectively with the big picture in mind.
- Relentlessly curious - Continuously learning and seeking opportunities to experiment, fail fast, optimize workflows, and foster open communication.
- Working technical knowledge of menu transitions, motion design, UI FX and how they operate or are implemented within Unity.
- Portfolio supported experience in a range of styles across a variety of products plus mobile game specific motion and interaction design.
- 3+ years of games experience as a graphic designer, user interface artist or similar roles.
- Professional experience creating UI for mobile games or apps for both iPhone and Android devices with minimal supervision.
- Professional experience working on in-production as well as live titles.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- Our core values: All about the player, Talent Unleashed, Collective Brilliance and Good Business, Good Citizen
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Oakland, CA, US
Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games
Your application has been successfully submitted.