This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Senior Analyst will work as part of the Strategy & Competitive Intelligence team to shape the strategic direction for new mobile applications and provide actionable insight to product managers, senior leaders and development teams that inform new features and functions that enhance the company’s portfolio of games.
Working closely across multiple stakeholder groups the in-depth analysis generated by this role will underpin recommendations in the form of business cases and regular reporting. Detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis of the marketplace and the competition will lead to innovative strategies that help the organization create winning games.
- Researches the mobile games market to understand and articulate (to peers and senior leaders) macro level trends that shape the industry
- Functions as a trusted advisor to multiple in-house games teams inside Aristocrat Digital, spanning multiple genres of Casual games as well as Slots games. Advises teams on genre-level market trends as well as best-in-class examples of feature and live-op implementation to drive actionable outcomes. Collaborates regularly with members of peer research teams (Consumer Insights, Product Insights).
- Demonstrated ability to present decks to peers, Directors, VPs and C-suite executives
- Consistently remains in communication with business stakeholders, including product managers, marketing, game designers and executives both with verbal and written communication
- Functions as subject-matter expert about the mobile games market and the genres of games within it. Owns definition of segments/genres. Uses genre knowledge coupled with global and regional market data to identify revenue pools for potential expansion.
- Identifies and evaluates potential M&A targets
- Analyses competitor products and breaks down functional game components to report on the “how”, the “why” and “on who” features work. Leverages this work to recommends innovation strategies at an application level as well as a functional component level.
- Prepares regular market and competitive intelligence reports based on quantitative data (gathered by playing games) and qualitative analysis (based on Sensor Tower, AppAnnie)
- Fosters and participates in a service-based culture of execution for the Strategy & Competitive Intelligence team
- Strong ability to influence peers especially across remote locations
- Demonstrated experience driving results across multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong team player with collaborative nature
- Demonstrable track record in motivating individuals and teams to accomplish goals
- Heavy past focus on being customer-centric
- Data-driven decision maker who can develop meaningful conclusions from data
- Deep understanding of mobile games and player psychology
- Strong analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Able to think innovatively, deal with ambiguity and thrive in dynamic environments
- Able to self-organize and manage multiple priorities
- Focus and dedication to culture of continuous improvement
- Willingness to show and grow passion for videogame industry
Product & Process
- Exceptional communication both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to craft and deliver clear and concise messages to a breadth of audiences from peers to senior executives
- Very process-focused with strong attention to detail and ability to establish, embed and maintain effective product and communication processes.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, in specific area, or related field
- Demonstrable skills in the Microsoft Office Suite; particularly PowerPoint and Excel (pivot tables)
- Requires a minimum of three years of experience in Product Management, Product Analysis and/or Product Marketing in a game development organization
- Preferred experience includes working at a publisher/developer of Casual or Casino games
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands:
- Assigned duties are accomplished primarily in an office/production setting. Must be able to maneuver around an office/production setting, work at a desk/workstation and respond to written and oral cues.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer, mobile phones and tablets, and other necessary office/production equipment.
- May be required to bend, reach and lift up to 25 lbs
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- Our core values: All about the player, Talent Unleashed, Collective Brilliance and Good Business, Good Citizen
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Seattle, WA, US
Aristocrat Technologies Inc
Your application has been successfully submitted.