Game designers are people who take part in all designing processes of video games played in digital environments.
Some of the main duties of game designers who design games for game consoles, arcade games, social / online games, personal computers, mobile phones, tablets and other handheld devices are:
- Shaping the projects with creative ideas,
- Creating engaging game mechanics,
- Working with animation and production departments,
- Designing the tasks and levels in the game and adjusting the balance of in-game systems and game economy
As more gaming companies permanently moved to 'work from home' or 'hybrid' model, the number of people looking for a remote game design job. has also increased. Here are some of the companies that have active job postings for remote game design jobs.
Remote Game Design Jobs - Now Hiring
- Blizzard, Level Designer - Unannounced Project (CA, USA)
- Respawn Entertainment, Senior Character Artist (Vancouver, Canada)
- Zynga, Game Designer (Bengaluru, India)
- Activision, Cinematic Designer (NY, USA)
- Zwift, Lead UX Designer (US)