A video game producer, as the owner a project or major part of a project, is responsible for building and managing a team of engineers, designers, and artists.
He or she is responsible for tasks such as outlining, scheduling and timing, and tracking tasks, and making sure the project is moving in the right direction.
Some of the responsibilities of a game producer is as follows:
- Budget and timeline planning
- Prioritizing and assigning tasks to the right people
- Communicating with both internal and external stakeholders
- Leading and mentoring members of the production team
- Tracking the visual assets and all other game structure elements
If you are wondering what other types of jobs exist in the video games industry, you can take a look at this article.
Video Game Producer Jobs - Now Hiring
- Producer @ Epic Games - Full Time - Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Associate Producer @ZeniMax - Full Time - Rockville, MD, USA
- Senior Producer @ PLAYSTUDIOS - Full Time - Austin, TX, USA
- Jr Production Manager @ PTW - Full Time - Marina del Rey, CA, USA